Friday, April 20, 2007

Britney responds to public family criticism

Show business is show business, I know. And the New York Post and their "Page 6" are, well, the New York Post.

But for all that, if you get based the kinky Electra headline (
Dad Spanks Naughty Britney 04/20/07), this actually makes some sense:

Britney told us via her rep, "I am praying for my father. We have never had a good relationship. It's sad that all the men that have been in my life do not know how to accept a real woman's love. I am concentrating on my work and my life right now."

A pal of Britney said the pop tart "had no drugs in her system when she was admitted to Promises - they [tested her] and there was nothing. She was embarrassed she had to go in there when she knew she was suffering from postpartum depression, not a drug or alcohol problem."

As for the bizarre head-shaving incident, the pal continued, "Britney's aunt had just died of cancer. She was feeling very guilty because she hadn't been there with her, she was overwhelmingly depressed and she shaved her head in solidarity."
So I wish all the nasty Yankee critics would just give poor Boo a break for a while!

Hey, her statement is a lot more credible than Abu Gonzales' testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday!

Tags:
, ,

No comments: