Monday, February 23, 2004

10 Random Songs

John Scalzi suggested a pointless but fun exercise, which is to run your computer music jukebox - in my case Windows Media Player - on random and write down the first 10 songs that play. Since I'd never really tried to do that, I figured it was worth a try.  Here are the first 10 that came up:

Juanes, "Es Por Ti"
Lucinda Williams, "Goin' Back Home"
Linda Ronstadt, "Gritenme Piedras del Campo"
Maná, "Nada Que Perder"
Lucinda Williams, "Little Angel, Little Brother"
Townes Van Zandt, "To Live Is To Fly"
Townes Van Zandt, "Cocaine Blues"
Juanes, "Un Día Normal"
Las Ketchup, "The Ketchup Song (Hey Hah) [Spanglish Version]"
Emmylou Harris, "You're Learning"

So what does this tell me?

That I need to record more Merle Haggard and Jimmie Rodgers onto my computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did em too, two sets at:
http://journals.aol.com/justcherie/whocareswhatithink/entries/687

Anonymous said...

it tells ME you're more on my music wavelength than any of the rest of these i've seen. i have no "computer music jukebox" nor any idea how to have one, so i can't do this. but lucinda williams, townes van zandt, linda ronstadt and emmy lou are in my Eternal Pantheon of musicians.