Sunday, January 18, 2004

AOL Elections 2004 Site and Related Blogs

The AOL Journal  Think It Over is calling our attention to AOL's new Elections 2004 site, which is accessible on the Web as well as to AOL subscribers.

I haven't taken much time to check out the site yet. But Think It Over also calls attention to the fact that a couple of AOL Journals are highlighted on the Sideshow page. Including one of my own favorites, FDtate313's Progressive Musings.

Among other things, this makes it tempting to jump in and start commenting on the Democratic primary fray. But so far, I'm resisting the temptation. I don't know how long I can hold out, but I'm still controlling myself. For one thing, political polls make me break out in hives. If you love that kind of stuff, though, Daily Kos is the site you want to visit. Maybe several times a day.

Ruy Teixeira at Donkey Rising makes poll news relatively easy to swallow. For one thing, I'm impressed with how well he's covered Bush's "Saddam Capture Bounce." Like any good foreteller of things to come, he knows that one of the most important things in prophecy is to highlight your hits and let people just forget the other stuff. (No, I don't want to talk about my prediction about how the California recall would come out!)

One reason political polls especially irritate me right now is that they are often pretty bad at predicting the impact of foreign policy issues on elections. That's one reason I especially like Teixeira's reasonable analysis of the polling data on the "Saddam capture bounce".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it a good thing to be considered part of "The Sideshow?"

I haven't really come out on the primary fray either. There is no perfect candidate but all of them, even Lieberman, would be a big improvement over the current president. I have until March 3, the day of the Georgia primary, to decide.