Sunday, September 14, 2003

Other AOL News and Politics Journals

I've been checking out some of the other News and Politics Weblogs among the AOL Journals. These are some that stand out to me so far.

One of the best I've come across is the one featured a couple of weeks ago on the AOL Journals home page, The Other Shoe by Charlie Eklund. Charlie updates his Journal fairly often, and provides a commentary on current affairs from a conservative point of view. I like the fact that he pays attention to European Union issues. One of his posts that I could say reflects my own perspective as well was his obituary note for Leni Riefenstahl.

International Affairs provides a conservative take on foreign policy issues.

Trial & Error has so far focused on foreign policy issues, and I'm finding it intriguing.

I'm not sure The View from My Kitchen - A Political Blog fits easily into any ideological category, but it's definitely thought-provoking.

On the liberal side, A Day in America has only a few entries so far, mostly devoted to thoughts on rightwing talk radio. (Is there any other kind?) 

Flying Right has some regular entries, mostly conventional conservative polemics against Democratic Presidential candidates. I like the fact that it has focus.

I plan to address some of the issues raised on those Journals from time to time here.

No comments: