Sunday, July 31, 2005

Chuckie Watch 111: Chuckie and Jane

Something must be wrong with Chuckie's Web site today.  Because I just can't find the address there for this classic Chuckie's Soapbox rant.  In the interest of helping preserve it for posterity, I'll include the entire text here.  It's undated, but the URL address and the format indicates it belongs in his "pre-2000" bucket as #26.  I just can't find it there right now, though.  Funny.

Anyway, here it is (accessed 07/31/05; my emphasis):

An Open Letter To Jane Fonda

Dear Jane,

I must admit that I was completely taken by surprise when I heard that you had been born again. I never expected to see the day when I could call you sister. After all, I had some serious problems with what you had done in Vietnam and the liberal stands you have taken on issues. To be honest, I just didn’t like you and I'll confess that I have called you some unflattering names through the years. I ask you to forgive me for holding these things against you. In fact I thought you would be one of the last people to accept Jesus. I realize now that we can never know God’s plans and I truly rejoice in your conversion. If I could I would like to warn you about some things. First of all, I think that you will find your relations with the media will be vastly different. Instead of being treated fairly and with favor you can expect to be ridiculed and belittled. You see, the press has a great fear of Jesus and a great distrust for those of us who follow him. Secondly, I would imagine that a lot of your Hollywood friends are going to treat you much differently. After all, in their eyes it’s not cool to be a Christian. And there will be those in the Christian community who will question your commitment. Yes Jane, you’re probably going to catch it from all sides, from people who are supposed to be your friends. And those, who a few short years ago were lauding you with honors and Academy Awards may very well turn their backs on you. So be it. That’s just the way of the world. What you have received is the most precious thing in existence. What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul. So hold on, Jane. Through criticism, ridicule and doubt. You just keep holding on to Jesus because he is the way the truth and the life. I will bepraying for you Jane. Welcome to the family my sister.

God Bless
Charlie Daniels

URL: http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox/print/26.html

You know, I think ole Chuckie may have had a little backsliding lately.  'Cause his latest Soapbox rant is also about Jane Fonda.  And, well, it strikes a bit of a different tone:

Fearless Fonda Rides Again 07/29/05

It’s a strange world where John Rocker, a baseball pitcher can get drummed out of baseball for making what media hacks considered racial slurs [?!?] and Jane Fonda can sell out her nation and win an academy award.

That picture of Fonda on top of that North Vietnamese tank is one of the most sickening pieces of photography I have ever seen in my 68 years and should be in the encyclopedia to help define the word traitor. ...

So get on your little vegetable bus and go protest Jane but don’t look to have an easy time of it. America has a long memory when it comes to traitors who aided and abetted an enemy who was killing its sons and daughters and over 50,000 of them died in Vietnam. That’s a lot of deeply hurt parents, brothers and sisters and children.

A little piece of advice, I wouldn’t plan on giving any speeches at VFW or American Legion clubs and I would definitely steer away from any Vietnam Veteran’s conventions.

I'm not sure what any of the Jane Fonda stuff had to do with racial slurs.

But it looks like ole Chuckie's gone have to ask for Sister Jane's forgiveness again!  Do you think that stuff is what he says when he prays for her?

And, man, if Chuckie's that upset about Jane Fonda's dumb-publicity stunt decades ago, just imagine the flaming jeremiad he must be writing about Karl Rove!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That John Rocker guy was (and probably still is) a f'ing idiot.  He's from Georgia and I think it's unfortunate that you have people like that making comments as such because it may reinforce some notion that some (not all) northerners or any non-southern group may have about the region.  That being said, I being a Yankees fan (and I New Yorker), was quite please with how he was treated by Mets fans upon his return to Big Apple for the first time after making his moronic comments.