Monday, May 3, 2004

Chuckie Watch 51: Readers write Chuckie

Now, Chuckie maintains his own Soapbox Message Board to print responses to his rants.  I know somebody screens them, because I've tried sending a couple of messages there in the past.  For some reason, mine never make the cut.

I mention that because it's always easy to find weird comments at obscure Internet sites.  But this is from his Web site, and someone is screening them on his behalf.  So here is one that was found acceptable to be included on the Soapbox Message Board at CharlieDaniels.com:

Pet [sic] Tillman (4/24/2004 5:19:25 PM)
.....He was a true American hero. Can you write a song about him? PS General Shinseki took the black berets away from our Rangers. A person on your website was angry that Bush fired him. I would have him shot myself. Bob Gudbranson US Army, Retired Kuwait and points north

Chuckie thinks is perfectly Patriotically Correct to have someone on his Website's message board advocating the execution of the former Army Chief of Staff - because he changed the clothing style of the Army Rangers.

Hey, if any of you intelligence folks are reading this, go ask Chuckie about it!  I DISAPPROVE of stuff like this.  I'm just putting it here to illustrate the standards of Patriotic Correctness applied by Chuckie, who also calls decorated war hero John Kerry a "traitor."  But Chuckie gets invited to go play for US troops in Kosovo.  Go figure.  Maybe the Army is mad at them and this is a punishment.

The following comment illustrates my earlier point about how Chuckie didn't say a whole lot about who Pat Tillman was because he was so interested in trashing the guy who criticized him:

Pat Tillman(5/3/2004 3:25:55 PM)
  .....Charlie All I am wondering is who Pat Tillman is. I am sure he was a well respected military figure in this country and from what I read in the latest soapbox article, I agree with what you said to whoever made the pinchbeck and outraging comments about him. I am just agreeing with what you said and not trying to say anything different because as I read the article, I felt the same way. ... Signed Skip Bruber (a diehard CDB [Charlie Daniels Band] fan)

Now, that's a true-blue Chuckie fan!  "Hi, ah'm Skip Goober, and ah don't have a clue who this here Tillmun feller is yore talkin' about.  But ah agree with ever'thang you say, Chuckie!"

And all I'm wondering is, what does "made the pinchbeck" mean?  I just consulted Mr. Webster, and he says pinchbeck is an alloy used to imitate gold, or "something sham or counterfeit."  Or is that "pinchbeck and outraging comments"?  Shoot, they have their own grammatical system in ChuckieWorld!

Here's another Chuckie fan agreeing with him on the Tillman article:

Amhurst, MA(5/1/2004 9:42:01 AM)
  ..... The last straw for me was when some dumb, screwed up kid printed an article in the school papaer [sic] that said that Pat Tillman got what he deserved. The staff editors allowed this garbage to be printed! First off...what the hell are they teaching those kids? Second, how could they let garbage like this be printed in a school newspaper? What is your take, Charlie? ... Thanks, Joe Laslie

Well, Joe, I don't know what Chuckie's take might be.  But on your "how could they let garbage like this be printed" question:  Dude, your letter is appearing in a message forum with one from somebody who's advocating shooting an American general!  Can you say, "clueless"?

And while I'm at this, here's one more Chuckie fan who REALLY WANTS TO MAKE HIS POINT, apparently about someone who had criticized his boy Chuckie:

Blaming the media(4/5/2004 7:59:58 PM)
  .....WELL SIR I WANT TO TELL YOU ONE THING, YOU CAN RUN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT THEM FOLKS IN DC ALL YOU WANT ,BUT WHEN IT COMES TO CHARLIE....BACK OFF. YOU THINK WHAT YOU WANT, BUT CHARLIE IS AS RED BLOOD AS THEY COME..AND OLE BOY HE PAYS MORE THAN HIS SHARE OF TAXES. SO WHEN IT COMES TO CHARLIE, YOU WOULD HAVE BETTER LUCK MOUTHING KERRY OR THE MEDIA, OR BUSH AS FAR AS THAT GOES....I WILL STAND FOR MY FRIEND ..AND MY COUNTRY...ALLEN'GOMER'BYRNS...

Well, Gomer, it's nice that Chuckie has loyal fans like you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't publish any of your comments.  Must be some kind of oversight or something???

Anonymous said...

Yeah, really:  who follows Chuckie's column more closely than I do?  :) - Bruce