Monday, March 22, 2004

Mississippi Blogging

I'm on a Mississippi trip this week, so I'm blogging from the Waynesboro City Library. It's really a nice library for a small city. And their computer lab is well-equipped with good high-speed connections.

The last time I was posting from here, I overheard a conversation in which a young thirtysomething woman was talking about her house in this area.  She said, "We bought our house for nine thousand dollars and we've already paid it off." That was one of those, "Yes, Toto, we're not in California any more" moments.

Today I had to sign a new form to use the computer. I had to promise not to use the library computer to post any "inappropriate" or "treasonous" or "subversive" material. I'm sure the requirement is unconstitutional as it can be. But I figured since I didn't plan to post any neo-Confederate nonsense, that I wasn't likely to run afoul of the "treasonous" and "subversive" clauses.

Lord only knows what the city authorities in Waynesboro would consider "inappropriate"! But I'm sure I'm not posting anything that qualifies. :) :)

I did stop behind a guy in a pickup with a Confederate flag on it today. I was tempted to run into him just to mess up his Confederate decal. But I figured the rental car company wouldn't appreciate it. I also noticed that the guy did not have a Dean for President sticker on his car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Bruce. I've always found your entries to be a little subversive. : )

Anonymous said...

hey yeah, me too! you're the epitome of a subversive, or maybe inappropriate, commenter! and don't we love it.