Friday, November 28, 2003

Iraq War: Mainstream Press Discover 3rd Infantry Division Report

Not to toot my own horn or anything. But as the great labor leader John L. Lewis liked to say, "He that tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted."

Several weeks ago now, I quoted some passages from the Third Infantry Division (Mechanzied) After Action report.

Today I see in the Christian Science Monitor's Weblog for 11/28/03 that that very report "was obtained by The Associated Press, the Washington security think tank Globalsecurity.Org and other outlets."

Well, gosh, I obtained it myself off the Web nearly a month ago.

Now, to be fair about this horn-tooting thing, as I recall I first saw a reference to it on one of the Weblogs shown in my Other Journals list on the main page of Old Hickory's Weblog. Probably Billmon, Steve Gilliard or Warblogging.

For that matter, it may have even been referenced in some other news article that I saw. I just got a grin out of the fact that the report somehow, someway, "was obtained by" news outlets - weeks later.


Tags:

No comments: