Sunday, November 30, 2003

Chuckie Watch 20: Chuckie vs. Them There Europeans

Ole Chuckie gave me a good one for Chuckie Watch #20. The latest rant from Regnery Press political commentator and wannabe Nashville arbiter of Patriotic Correctness CHARLIE DANIELS is holding forth on them there Europeans who don't wanna support the Iraq War: Anybody's Terrorist (11/28/03).

This gives you a pretty good sample of why Chuckie is such an insightful commentator.  He says:

<< The naivety of the Europeans is literally beyond my comprehension. I wonder if they think that they are going to go through this thing unscathed. >>

Heck, Chuckie, I guess they just don't have political sophisticates like you around to light the way for them. Otherwise, they would understand what has to be done with them there terrorists as well as you do (my emphasis):

<< There can be no backing up and no quarter given. Nothing short of total inhalation is going to protect the world from these pus balls.

<< The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist. >>

Yep, them there unsophisticated Europeans don't know you got to inhale them terrorists to git rid of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your journal. You always present me with new things to think about. You are always interesting...
But I can't for the life of me figure out your interest in subjecting yourself to the mad ravings of Charlie Daniels. I do like the "total inhalation" part though.
I like opposing viewpoints as much as the next open-minded liberal, but I do like to hear from people who sound like they know what they're talking about. Not nuts like Charlie and Ann.

Anonymous said...

Ha! It's because Charlie Daniels represents the kind of phony paleo-patriotism that Republican-leaning, prowar radio corporations like Clear Channel and Citadel tried to impose on country radio during the early weeks of the war as being the only true-blue American way. Actually, it's mostly a bullying, blowhard posturing that doesn't represent country music fans' perspective very well at all. - Bruce

Anonymous said...

Point well taken...
But it does seem to be unnecessary torture...
And more like neandro-patriotism.