Friday, December 3, 2004

Iraq War: "It goes pretty well if you watch it on FOX."

Now, this is funny - in a grim, dark-humor sort of way.

From Media Matters for America 12/02/04:

Reverend Jerry Falwell was a guest host on the December 2 edition of CNN's Crossfire. During the program, Falwell interviewed Patricia Ireland, former president of the National Organization of Women (NOW), which Falwell recently called "the National Order of Witches." Earlier in the program, in discussing the Bush administration's announcement that the U.S. presence in Iraq will increase by 12,000 troops, Falwell said, "I think [the war] is going well," adding: "CNN doesn't always get it right, but it goes pretty well if you watch it on FOX [News Channel]."

I came across this via Cursor.org, which made a point of calling him "radical cleric Jerry Falwell."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it.

Maybe that's my problem -- I need to watch more Fox.

Positively Orwellian!

Neil

Anonymous said...

Yep, I had to laugh when I read that.  For once Falwell spoke the truth probably without realizing it.