Sunday, June 6, 2004

Old Hickory's Weblog at AOL People Connections

Old Hickory's Weblog is being featured right now (Sunday afternoon) at AOL People Connections.  I'm pretty sure this is an AOL-only feature.  You can find it by going to Keyword: People Connections and paging through the three screens.

There's a picture of me with a mystery woman there.

The caption says "You Came Here for an Argument! And you'll get it from BMiller224 if you think the war in Iraq is going well."

If you click on the picture, you get an enlarged version at the Political Panel page with a link to this post.  The link says, "Read One of the Top 100 Blogs on AOL." And it displays this quote:

"Can Iraq Become a Bigger Mess? Bush still has at least eight more months in office.  If anyone can make an even bigger mess of it for the United States, he will."

It's nice to get that recognition, fleeting though it may be.  I'm sharing it here in the spirit of the great labor leader John L. Lewis: "He that tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's "People Connection" with only one "n" as i discovered after a mess of fruitless attempts.  and you actually look quite a lot as i imagined you!  who IS the "mystery woman?"  pray tell???  congratulations, Bruce, if anyone deserves recognition it is YOU.  one of the "top 100 blogs on AOL" eh?  i should think SO.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your People Connection feature, it's about time.  Yours are one of the most information dense journals on AOL and certainly one of the few smart ones.  

I'm a regular reader, though not a regular poster.  I stopy by and read you everyday and am always amazed at the wealth of info I find here.  Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments, musenla and marigolds2.  Both of your blogs are top-notch, too.

I learned a lot on Sunday about IMs.  I literally did more IMs on Sunday than I've done in any two year period that I've been using the Internet!  Normally, I'm too long-winded to do IMs well. - Bruce

Anonymous said...

Oh, the mystery woman in the photo is my wife, Gerti.  My cousin Lora took the picture in Shubuta, MS in August 2003. - Bruce