Thursday, June 10, 2004

Hesiod: So long, it's been good to know you...

Hesiod Theogeny, one of the more prolific and influential bloggers on current events, has decided to hang up his blogging spurs.  He was one of my favorites, and the blogosphere won't be quite the same without him.

One of the things that most impressed me about him was that he was on top of the hysteria in the country music business generated by the Bush fedayeen against the Dixie Chicks back in early 2003.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I picked up the term "Bush fedayeen" from him.  My vocabulary will have to find new sources of nourishment now.

In his final post, he assures us that all is well:

Just wanted to let everybody know that my family and I are OK. I'm not locked up in Guantanamo or anything.

I just decided for personal reasons that the time was right for me to stop blogging.

Too bad.  To use a metaphor from Old Man Bush's administration, Hesiod was one of the "thousand points of light" during the Bush-and-Rummy dark ages.

Best of luck to him.

No comments: